- ANNUAL FREE DEMONSTRATION EVENING IN VANCOUVER: For all folks interested in using or seeing OSCAR.
- WHEN: 12 June 2014, 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- WHERE: Paetzold Auditorium, Vancouver General Hospital.
- RSVP: TBA
- UPCOMING EVENTS AND USER-GROUP MEETINGS: Click here for schedule
- VIDEO DEMOS:
- YouTube clip: Overview of OSCAR (official video, uploaded 2008)
- YouTube clips with brief overview of the OSCAR UI, and a demo of the drug interactions warning posted by ClearMedica (with OSCAR v9, uploaded 2009)
- YouTube clip series posted by OscarHost (with OSCAR v11, uploaded 2012):
- YouTube clip demonstrating eForm building using the eForm Generator (uploaded 2010)
- YouTube clip demonstrating use of Dragon speech recognition software to control the OSCAR UI and add content to the EMR (using OSCAR v12 posted by SpeakEasy Solutions, 2013) *new*
- ONLINE MANUALS:
- For the official community OSCAR user manual site: Click here
- LIVE DEMO SERVERS: The Demo sites listed below are full OSCAR web-server installations maintained by independent OSCAR Support Provider (OSP) companies, open for the interested public to explore. They are listed below in alphabetical order. Your browser might complain about unrecognized security certificates when connecting to https (secure) SSL protocol OSCAR demo servers. It should be safe to click through.
- Enterprise EMR Solutions Inc offers a demo server, BC configuration, no password required: https://eoscar.ca:8443/oscar11/index.jsp
- Northwest Electronic Records and Design (NERD) offer a demo server, BC configuration, no password required: http://nerdbc.dyndns.info:8080/oscar/index.jsp
- OscarHost offers a number demo servers to show off their various OSCAR configurations:
12.1 BC Version: https://www.oscarhost.ca/BC_Demo - Username: demo, Password: Demo1234, 2nd Level Passcode: 1234
- 12.1 Ontario Version: https://www.oscarhost.ca/jvtest6_ont - Log-in credentials as above
- 12.1 Alberta Version with ClinicAid.ca (tm) billing system: https://www.oscarhost.ca/clinicaid_ab - Log-in credentials as above
- BC Integrated MyOscar: https://demo.oscarhost.ca:8443/myoscar - Username: test.testerson, Password: testerson
NOTE FROM OCUS: The ClinicAid.ca (tm) billing software offered by this support provider as an add-on, is not open source. It is a proprietary billing software product sold by OscarHost alongside OSCAR specifically to clients in Alberta, where an open source billing module for OSCAR has not yet been developed. While the sale of independent stand-alone add-ons is technically not a violation of the OSCAR open source license GPLv2, the Oscar Canada Users Society does encourage stakeholders to share their enhancements back to the OSCAR trunk rather than closed source licensing them. Please refer to our open source code of conduct for our position on the matter.
- VISIT AN OSCAR USER NEAR YOU: The best possible demo experience is to visit an actual working OSCAR user near you and see a live OSCAR system in action. Generally OSCAR users embrace the opportunity to show their EMR off to interested colleagues and help them make good choices.